Our client is a family-owned Italian company that creates, develops and produces glass bottles and jars for the gourmet food industry: olive oil, wine & spirits, vinegar, champagne, beer, distillates & liquors.
In the context of a market / customer conquest strategy as well as in the interest of optimizing its business development, our client would like to prioritize the Spanish market due to its high growth potential in value-added product categories, such as Oil, Wines and Spirits.
Our client is therefore looking for an AREA MANAGER SPAIN who is a skilled negotiator and project manager – from product creation to industrialization – and who embodies the distinctive values: entrepreneurial spirit, marketing & design approach with a sense of customer service, a taste for innovation and beautiful work, humility and loyalty, as well as interpersonal skills for the long term.
Business conquest, development, profitability:
- Define and implement a profitable short- and medium-term commercial / marketing strategy that must be approved by the direct superior
- Develop and submit a budget to management:
- Sales in value and units, overall and segmented by range,
- The costs involved
- Be responsible for monitoring and ensuring its implementation, carrying out corrective measures as required which must be concretely justified = ensure the results are regularly reported – quantitative and qualitative data for the business, see forecasts / objectives
Manage sales and industrial projects:
- In accordance with data analyses of the Spanish market on the one hand and sales / forecasts on the other hand, optimize how the products are managed, establishing a relevant ranking, from fast-moving to slow-moving products
- Anticipate market / product segment needs and trends and come up with proposals for customers as well as for management
- Ensure the orders are properly managed and the deadlines met – from production to delivery, to invoicing and payments, efficiently coordinating with the Customer Service team
- Regularly write, update and communicate Customer feedback on product and service quality / improvement, coordinate the management and provide any claims with conclusions
- Report the Spanish market data, news, opportunities and/or risks for the company regularly to management, come up with proposals for every contribution to the company’s business development
- Anticipate market / product segment needs and trends and come up with proposals for customers as well as for management product and customer
Develop interpersonal qualities outside the company as well as in-house:
- Create & reinforce a trusting Customer relationship by being a person with solutions, effective in their business development
- Establish a close relationship with the new product development department by sharing experiences, knowledge, information
- Business school or Business Management MBA
- About 5 years’ experience minimum in the up-scale packaging sector for the food industry, preferably in B-to-B-to-C
- Fluent English. Portuguese and/or Italian will be a plus